‘Content’ – means all material including, without limitation, text, video,
‘Intellectual Property Rights’ – means all patents, design rights, trademarks, trade and business names and all associated goodwill, rights to sue for passing off, copyright, moral rights and related rights, rights in databases, domain names, rights in information (including know-how and trade secrets) and all other similar or equivalent rights existing now or in the future in any part of the world, in each case whether registered or unregistered and including all applications for, and renewals or extensions of, such rights for their full term.
‘AfriKids’ - means AfriKids( UK), AfriKids Ghana and AfriKids Limited as relevant.
‘AfriKids (UK)’ – means the partnership between AfriKids Limited and AfriKids Ghana.
‘AfriKids Ghana’ - means the Ghanaian registered charity which delivers child rights work in northern Ghana.
‘AfriKids Limited’ -means the UK registered charity that fundraises for and supports AfriKids Ghana.
‘Website’ means this website.
2. Using this Website
a) By using this Website you are agreeing to be legally bound by these terms and conditions, which will take effect from your first use of the Website. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions in full, the use of this Website must be terminated immediately.
b) AfriKids can change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online under this section. Your continued use of this site after changes have been posted constitutes acceptance of the modified terms and conditions.
c) AfriKids does not guarantee that the site's facilities and functions will be free from error or uninterrupted, that the site or the server that makes it available to you are free of viruses or bugs, that defects will be corrected, or that the content on the site is accurate or complete.
d) Any information sent by email or submitted through the website is at your own risk as no data transmission over the
e) The Website is provided "as is" without any representations or any form of warranty (whether made expressly or implied by law), including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility,
f) You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights of AfriKids or any third party or the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party.
g) Except for death or personal injury arising
h) AfriKids takes no responsibility for the content of external Internet sites linked to or cited on this site.
i) Any communication or material that you transmit
j) You are advised that, in order to respect the privacy of the children with whom we work, the photographs and names used on this site are not necessarily those of the actual children concerned.
3. Intellectual Property Rights
a) All content on the Website is the copyright of AfriKids or third parties.
b) You may view the content on
c) You agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any of the content except for non-commercial, personal or educational use.
d) The status of AfriKids (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of any content must always be acknowledged.
e) If you copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit or otherwise use the content in breach of these terms and conditions, your right to use the website will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you use.
f) The names and logos identifying AfriKids or any other third parties referred to on the website and their products and services may be subject to copyright, design rights or trademark rights. These trademarks may not be reproduced without the consent of the relevant owners. Nothing contained in these terms and conditions shall be construed as conferring any
4. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
AfriKids Limited (a company Limited by Guarantee) is a registered charity with the Charity Commission, registration number 1141028. AfriKids was previously registered under the number 1093624, though this was revised when AfriKids incorporated in 2011 as AfriKids Limited., and the new number refers to the new company charity.
Online terms and conditions of supply
These terms and conditions set out on what basis we sell any of the products (“Products”) listed on this website (the “Website”) to you.
These terms and conditions will apply to any contract between us for the sale of Products to you (a “Contract”). Please ensure you read these terms and conditions carefully and make sure that you understand them before ordering any Product from the Website. Please note that before placing an order you agree to these terms and conditions.
You should print a copy of these terms and conditions or save them to your computer for future reference.
We amend these terms and conditions from time to time as set out in paragraph 6 below. Every time you wish to order Products, please check these terms and conditions as the terms and conditions displayed as at the time of your order will apply to that order. These terms and conditions were most recently updated on 15th September 2015.
These terms and conditions and any Contract between us will only be in the English language.
To contact us please find details here.
1. We will take all reasonable care to ensure that all details, images,
2. All Products displayed on the Website are subject to availability. We will inform you by email as soon as possible if the Product you have ordered is unavailable and we will not process your order if made.
3. Your use of the Website including the online shop is governed by the Website
5. The technical steps required to create the contract between you and us are as follows:
Non-acceptance of an order may be as a result of one or more of the following:
If an order is not accepted you will be notified by email. If the Products you have chosen are not available or not expected to be in stock for over 30 days, we will not substitute it with other Products, but recommend instead that you choose an alternative or try again in a few weeks.
All prices on this Website are in £Sterling and may change at any time. All prices are shown inclusive of VAT at the current rate, where relevant. The price you will pay is the price shown at the time of your
6. We may revise these terms and conditions if there are any changes to how we may accept payment from you or any changes to relevant laws and regulatory requirements. The terms and conditions displayed on the Website at the time of your order will be those which apply to the Contract between you and us.
7. We accept payment by Paypal.
8. By donating to AfriKids via text message you agree to have the donation sum and the cost of a standard text message added to your 'pay monthly' mobile phone bill or deducted from your 'pay as you go' mobile phone credit.
9. These terms and conditions of supply shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
1. If you are a consumer and are located within the EU, you have a legal right to cancel your Contract during the period set out below. This means (subject to the exceptions below) that you may return the Product to us and obtain a refund if for any reason you change your mind about purchasing the Product.
2. You may cancel the Contract from the date you receive the Dispatch Confirmation but please note that your right to cancel the Contract will cease 7 working days after you receive the Products.
3. If you do wish to cancel and return your purchased Products to us, simply contact us with your order number and name and the reason you would like to return the Product, then return the item to us securely along with your delivery note, your order
4. Upon receipt of your cancellation
5. If you are returning the Products to us because they were faulty or
6. If you cancel the Contract after you have received the Products, or receive them after you have
a. you must return the Products to us as soon as
7. Please be aware that you may have other legal rights in relation to your Contract and the Products and these are not affected by this returns policy. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizen’s Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
1. Most orders are dispatched within one to five working days. Once your order has been dispatched it takes one or two days to be delivered to UK addresses, about a week to be delivered to European addresses approximately two or three weeks for all other countries.
2. We will deliver the Products by free Royal Mail 2nd
If there are any problems with your delivery then please contact us on 020 7269 0740.
AfriKids UK Head Office:
AfriKids, Unit G05,
The Record Hall,
16-16A Baldwin's Gardens,
AfriKids Ghana Head Office:
PO Box 166
Upper East Region
Registered charity in England and Wales: 1141028
Registered NGO in Ghana: DSW/3024
Registered in The Netherlands. Tax no: 8238.13.289