Terms and Conditions
‘Content’ – means all material including, without limitation, text, video, graphics and audio, published on the Website, whether copyright of AfriKids or a third party.
‘Intellectual Property Rights’ – means all patents, design rights, trademarks, trade and business names and all associated goodwill, rights to sue for passing off, copyright, moral rights and related rights, rights in databases, domain names, rights in information (including know-how and trade secrets) and all other similar or equivalent rights existing now or in the future in any part of the world, in each case whether registered or unregistered and including all applications for, and renewals or extensions of, such rights for their full term.
‘AfriKids’ - means AfriKids( UK), AfriKids Ghana and AfriKids Limited as relevant.
‘AfriKids (UK)’ – means the partnership between AfriKids Limited and AfriKids Ghana.
‘AfriKids Ghana’ - means the Ghanaian registered charity which delivers child rights work in northern Ghana.
‘AfriKids Limited’ -means the UK registered charity that fundraises for and supports AfriKids Ghana.
‘Website’ means this website.
2. Using this Website
a) By using this Website you are agreeing to be legally bound by these terms and conditions, which will take effect from your first use of the Website. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions in full, the use of this Website must be terminated immediately.
b) AfriKids can change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online under this section. Your continued use of this site after changes have been posted constitutes acceptance of the modified terms and conditions.
c) AfriKids does not guarantee that the site's facilities and functions will be free from error or uninterrupted, that the site or the server that makes it available to you are free of viruses or bugs, that defects will be corrected, or that the content on the site is accurate or complete.
d) Any information sent by email or submitted through the website is at your own risk as no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
e) The Website is provided "as is" without any representations or any form of warranty (whether made expressly or implied by law), including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
f) You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights of AfriKids or any third party or the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party.
g) Except for death or personal injury arising through our negligence, AfriKids shall in no event be liable for any damages including, without limitation, direct, indirect or consequential damages, whatsoever arising from or in connection with the use or loss of use of the site, or any content on the site.
h) AfriKids takes no responsibility for the content of external Internet sites linked to or cited on this site.
i) Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on any public area of this site will be treated as non confidential and non-proprietary information unless otherwise stated by AfriKids. We reserve the right to remove without notice any material posted in any public area of the site.
j) You are advised that, in order to respect the privacy of the children with whom we work, the photographs and names used on this site are not necessarily those of the actual children concerned.
3. Intellectual Property Rights
a) All content on the Website is the copyright of AfriKids or third parties.
b) You may view the content on screen. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit or otherwise use the content in any way except for non-commercial personal or educational use.
c) You agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any of the content except for non-commercial, personal or educational use.
d) The status of AfriKids (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of any content must always be acknowledged.
e) If you copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit or otherwise use the content in breach of these terms and conditions, your right to use the website will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you use.
f) The names and logos identifying AfriKids or any other third parties referred to on the website and their products and services may be subject to copyright, design rights or trademark rights. These trademarks may not be reproduced without the consent of the relevant owners. Nothing contained in these terms and conditions shall be construed as conferring any licence or right to use any trademark design or copyright of AfriKids or any other third parties.
4. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
AfriKids Limited (a company Limited by Guarantee) is a registered charity with the Charity Commission, registration number 1141028. AfriKids was previously registered under the number 1093624, though this was revised when AfriKids incorporated in 2011 as AfriKids Limited., and the new number refers to the new company charity.
Online terms and conditions of supply
These terms and conditions set out on what basis we sell any of the products (“Products”) listed on this website (the “Website”) to you.
These terms and conditions will apply to any contract between us for the sale of Products to you (a “Contract”). Please ensure you read these terms and conditions carefully and make sure that you understand them before ordering any Product from the Website. Please note that before placing an order you agree to these terms and conditions.
You should print a copy of these terms and conditions or save them to your computer for future reference.
We amend these terms and conditions from time to time as set out in paragraph 6 below. Every time you wish to order Products, please check these terms and conditions as the terms and conditions displayed as at the time of your order will apply to that order. These terms and conditions were most recently updated on 15th September 2015.
These terms and conditions and any Contract between us will only be in the English language.
To contact us, please see our Contact Us page www.afrikids.org/contact
Terms and Conditions
1. We will take all reasonable care to ensure that all details, images, descriptions and prices of the Products are accurate and correct at the time of their entry and upload onto the Website. We reserve the right to refuse orders where information has been uploaded to the Website incorrectly, including prices and product descriptions.
2. All Products displayed on the Website are subject to availability. We will inform you by email as soon as possible if the Product you have ordered is unavailable and we will not process your order if made.
3. Your use of the Website including the online shop is governed by the Website terms and conditions. Please take time to read these as they contain important terms which apply to you.
time to read this as it contains important terms which apply to you.
5. The technical steps required to create the contract between you and us are as
a. You place the order on the Website for the Products you wish to obtain by pressing the confirm order button at the end of the process. You will be guided through the process of placing an order by a series of simple instructions on the Website. The submission of an order is your offer to buy the Products. You will have the opportunity to check and amend any errors before submitting your order to us.
b. We will send to you a timed and dated acknowledgement email detailing the Products you have ordered. Please note this is not an order confirmation or order acceptance from us.
c. Unless we notify you that we cannot accept your order, our acceptance of your order to us will take place when we confirm to you the availability of the Products and we have received payment in full from you. At this point a contract will be formed between us and we will be under a legal obligation to supply the Products to you.
Non-acceptance of an order may be as a result of one or more of the following:
a. The Products you ordered being either no longer available or not expected in stock for over 30 days. In this case please choose an alternative item or try again in a few weeks.
b. Our inability to obtain authorisation for your payment
c. The identification of a pricing or product description error
d.Your failure to meet the eligibility to order criteria set out in this Contract.
If an order is not accepted you will be notified by email. If the Products you have chosen are not available or not expected to be in stock for over 30 days, we will not substitute it with other Products, but recommend instead that you choose an alternative or try again in a few weeks.
All prices on this Website are in £Sterling and may change at any time. All prices are shown inclusive of VAT at the current rate, where relevant. The price you will pay is the price shown at the time of your order, unless we inform you of a pricing error. In the case of a pricing error your contract will be cancelled and we will not process your order, but will endeavour to inform you as soon as we can. Offers or discounts may be withdrawn by us at any time.
6. We may revise these terms and conditions if there are any changes to how we may accept payment from you or any changes to relevant laws and regulatory requirements. The terms and conditions displayed on the Website at the time of your order will be those which apply to the Contract between you and us.
7. We accept payment by Paypal.
8. By donating to AfriKids via text message you agree to have the donation sum and the cost of a standard text message added to your 'pay monthly' mobile phone bill or deducted from your 'pay as you go' mobile phone credit.
9. These terms and conditions of supply shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Returns and Deliveries Policy
1. If you are a consumer and are located within the EU, you have a legal right to cancel your Contract during the period set out below. This means (subject to the exceptions below) that you may return the Product to us and obtain a refund if for any reason you change your mind about purchasing the Product.
2. You may cancel the Contract from the date you receive the Dispatch Confirmation but please note that your right to cancel the Contract will cease 7 working days after you receive the Products.
3. If you do wish to cancel and return your purchased Products to us, simply contact us with your order number and name and the reason you would like to return the Product, then return the item to us securely along with your delivery note, your order number and your name.
4. Upon receipt of your cancellation email we will arrange a full refund for you including any delivery costs you paid for. The refund will be processed via Paypal. We aim to process the refund as quickly as possible as and no later than within 30 days from the date you notified us of your wish to cancel.
5. If you are returning the Products to us because they were faulty or mis-described or because of some other error on our part we shall reimburse you for any postage costs you incur in returning the Products to us. Please note, however, that if you are returning the Products to us for any other reason the cost of returning them to us will not be reimbursed by us.
6. If you cancel the Contract after you have received the Products, or receive them after you have cancelled the Contract:
a. you must return the Products to us as soon as reasonable practicable; and
b. you have a legal obligation to keep the Products in your possession until you return them to us and you must take reasonable care of the Products while they are in your possession;
7. Please be aware that you may have other legal rights in relation to your Contract and the Products and these are not affected by this returns policy. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizen’s Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
1. Most orders are dispatched within one to five working days. Once your order has been dispatched it takes one or two days to be delivered to UK addresses, about a week to be delivered to European addresses approximately two or three weeks for all other countries.
2. We will deliver the Products by free Royal Mail 2nd class delivery is included in the cost of your purchase, unless otherwise stated.
If there are any problems with your delivery then please contact us on 020 7269 0740.